I am Elliot Page, and I do the following things:
- Former Podcast Host for the UK Anime Network, during the "second season" from 2012 to 2017.
- I also used to write for the site, some particular examples here (Manga Review) and here (Editorial on a publisher using crowdfunding Kickstarter as a recurring business model).
- My personally favourite article is this one, a comprehensive evaluation of UK Digital Manga Availability. (Written 2016, some elements of this guide will have aged out) This is something I am passionate about, and I follow the space closely.
- Present panels at conventions, an archive of recent examples (2017 onwards) can be found on the Archive page.
- I also created and maintain mangasear.ch, a search engine for legal digital manga availability for the UK. The site is functional and under continuing development. (Formerly known as Hidamari.moe)
- I participated in the Idle Thumbs Wizard Jam 4, a two-week game jam where a friend and I created a game about putting meat from video games on display in a museum called Historical Beef.
- In a fit of pique after the initial announcement, I recorded a rolling daily politics podcast in the leadup to the 2017 UK General Election, called Off the Cliff.
Sadly I missed some days due to personal circumstances, but I feel satisfied with the result. The simplecast site used to host the podcast will remain until I get sick of paying for it, at which time I will make the podcast available as a downloadable archive on this site.
- I am also an IT SysAdmin in my dayjob.
You can contact me via the contact page.
For full disclosure, I will swear up and down that I am doing the following but they are currently on the mythical "backburner":
- Designing and producing a board game, "D4V".
This is currently in revisions and final playtesting.
- Writing a book, "MF;TS", made from mixed media and viewpoints across an extended timescale.
This has been dormant for a year so I should probably accept that it is dead.
- Many other projects, most of which are buried in shallow graves somewhere in my Google Drive account.